Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
4-5 yukon gold potatoes
2-3 white sweet potatoes
2-3 tablespoon olive oil, ghee or butter
1 small onion, finely diced
1 coho fillet, oven-roasted and flaked (any wild-caught fish would work well!)
Bunch fresh dill, chopped
Handful fresh chives, chopped
2 tablespoons flour
1/3 cup Parmigiano cheese, finely grated
1. Boil potatoes in a large saucepan for 15 minutes until only just tender. Drain and allow to cool.
2. Then peel and grate coarsely.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small frying pan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until golden. Mix with the coho salmon, herbs, grated potatoes and flour. Season generously to taste.
4. Mold into about 8 fish cakes, press the Parmigiano Reggiano onto both sides of the fishcakes and chill until needed — or make right away.
5. To cook, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the fish cakes in two batches for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.