We don't know about you, but we've never met a fish taco we didn't like. That said, we're all for taking our fish taco recipes to the next level wit super bold flavors, unexpected textures, vivid colors and a whole lot of heat!
That's why we absolutely LOVE this recipe, courtesy of Alaskan-based recipe developer and food blogger Susie Jenkins in collaboration with the Bristol Bay Regional Seafood Development Association.
Bay Bounty Salmon Tacos
Makes 6 Servings
2 lbs sockeye salmon, skin and pin bones removed, cut into 1-2 inch cubes
Generous pinch of sea salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons chili powder
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 limes, juiced
18 corn tortillas, warmed
Chili Avocado Cream:
1 ripe avocado, mashed
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon seal salt
1. Prepare toppings and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine avocado, lime juice, garlic powder, chiki powder, sour cream and salt. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the salmon and salt. Set aside.
4. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil, cumin, oregano and chili powder. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until spices become fragrant and oil begins to bubble.
5. Stir in garlic and lime juice and simmer for 30 seconds. Add salmon to pan and stir until salmon is thoroughly coated with spices. Continue to cook, turning salmon often, until fish is pale pink throughout, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve in warmed tortillas with chili avocado cream and your favorite toppings.
Shredded cabbage, diced bell pepper, minced red onion, crumbled queso fresco, fresh cilantro, minced jalapeño, sliced avocado, pickled red onions